Photographer and scribbler

My Work

http://www.willandersonphotography.com

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 7th

I woke up at 4.30am, grabbed a book and hopped on the train and headed to the Hospital for Special Surgery.
After many months of research I was lead to HSS. I immediately knew that it was probably
the best possible place to get my surgery done. Thanks to Dr Kennedy and his amazing staff
especially Susanne It was smooth sailing.
I'm not unfamiliar with hospitals or surgery. Growing up I broke multiple bones and was in and out of ER. I was a rough kid it seems. May 7th seemed easy, even knowing I was going to be cut up and chopped about and screwed back together.



Awesome free socks


The two incisions to reach the three joints that were broken and dislocated. 
The operation is really pretty gruesome. I found some videos on Lisfranc surgery on youtube.
Google if you dare.
It's a devastating injury for the whole foot and so easily missed like mine was many years ago.
Such a tiny bone too but once it's dislodged your whole foot is unstable.
I should be back to running again by the end of August. That's my goal.




5 or so hours later ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment